These days it seems that it is getting even harder to get an interview with so many people applying for the same jobs. However, if you have found a way to get your CV noticed and you have been invited for interview, here are some great tips to help make sure you get the job:
1. Research. Know as much as possible about your potential new employers. Showing willingness at this stage to understand your employers will let them know that you are keen to bring your best to their company.
2. Practice. Go through potential questions and your answers with a friend or family member so that you have a good idea of what you are going to say in the interview and do not find yourself struggling for words at the most vital of times.
3. Dress well. It does not matter what the job is or how you will be expected to dress when you start work, at the interview stage you always want to make sure that you are well dressed and present yourself in your best light.
4. Relax. It is easy to get nervous at the interview stage but by planning properly beforehand, you can help to eliminate some nerves. Plan your route to the interview the day before, know how you are going to get there, and get your clothes and anything else you might need ready the night before.
5. Question. Show your potential employer that you are as interested in them as they are in you.
Become a Recruitment Genius
The induction process can be a daunting prospect for both the manager and the employee, with lots to remember from…
Making A Job Offer
This is one of the best parts of the recruitment process, as you are able to give the candidate the…
Effective Reference Checking For Prospective Employees
Reference checking is typically considered time-consuming and ineffective. However this is generally because companies adopt the wrong approach. Recruitment Genius…
Illegal Interview Questions
As an employer there are plenty of questions you are entitled to ask at interview. However, there are many questions…
Effective Interview Techniques
Whilst interview techniques will vary depending on the amount of time you have and the position you are recruiting for,…
Shortlisting Candidates for Interview
Whilst short-listing can be a time-consuming process, it is also an exciting moment when you get to meet the potential…
Could Application Forms & Career Portals Actually be Damaging Your Recruitment Campaign Prospects?
Career portals start with the best of intentions – to differentiate you as an employer of choice, underline your employer…
10 Tips To Improve The Success Of Your Online Recruitment Advertising
Online recruitment has revolutionized traditional advertising. You can now truly measure your return on investment and identify the most effective…
Secrets To Online Recruitment Success
Online job sites are arguably the most effective way to reach a wide range of candidates simply because they are…
Choosing The Best Online Job Boards
If you do not choose the best online job boards, then your recruitment campaign runs the risk of immediate failure.…
Selecting The Best Online Recruitment Company
The good news is that the age of expensive, poorly targeted newspapers and print media is pretty much dead. But…