There are many ways to find a new job but using a recruiter could be one of the best that is being overlooked. Here are five reasons why:
1. Access to a hidden job market. Recruiters have access to people and positions that you otherwise would be unaware. There are many positions that are kept secret and only filled through the use of a recruiter.
2. More connections. Similar to first point but more widespread, recruiters have contacts at all levels of industry and can get your CV to people in positions you might not otherwise be able to access.
3. Industry expertise. Recruiters are paid to know the industry inside and out, and they can help you to hone your CV and gain your true worth in your new position. They will know if you are being underpaid and answer a number of questions you might have.
4. Same goals. The goal for the recruiter is the same as for you, to get you a new job. To do this they will only ever work in your best interests.
5. Reliable. You hire a recruiter, they get you a job, and a few years down the line, you think you might want a change again. Having already built a relationship with a recruiter, it will be there ready and waiting for you to utilise once again meaning that the process of changing jobs or careers can be sped up significantly.
Become a Recruitment Genius
The induction process can be a daunting prospect for both the manager and the employee, with lots to remember from…
Making A Job Offer
This is one of the best parts of the recruitment process, as you are able to give the candidate the…
Effective Reference Checking For Prospective Employees
Reference checking is typically considered time-consuming and ineffective. However this is generally because companies adopt the wrong approach. Recruitment Genius…
Illegal Interview Questions
As an employer there are plenty of questions you are entitled to ask at interview. However, there are many questions…
Effective Interview Techniques
Whilst interview techniques will vary depending on the amount of time you have and the position you are recruiting for,…
Shortlisting Candidates for Interview
Whilst short-listing can be a time-consuming process, it is also an exciting moment when you get to meet the potential…
Could Application Forms & Career Portals Actually be Damaging Your Recruitment Campaign Prospects?
Career portals start with the best of intentions – to differentiate you as an employer of choice, underline your employer…
10 Tips To Improve The Success Of Your Online Recruitment Advertising
Online recruitment has revolutionized traditional advertising. You can now truly measure your return on investment and identify the most effective…
Secrets To Online Recruitment Success
Online job sites are arguably the most effective way to reach a wide range of candidates simply because they are…
Choosing The Best Online Job Boards
If you do not choose the best online job boards, then your recruitment campaign runs the risk of immediate failure.…
Selecting The Best Online Recruitment Company
The good news is that the age of expensive, poorly targeted newspapers and print media is pretty much dead. But…