This company is one of the world’s leading international mail, shipping and distribution organisations, delivering their customers packages, parcels and documents to more than 200 destinations across the globe, they offer a diverse range of ecommerce and mail solutions empowering businesses to grow across-borders. Today they employ over 1,500 people in 16 country offices in Europe, Asia, the USA & Oceania - a global network blended with a local presence.
This is an exciting opportunity to join their expanding warehouse management team in Southampton. You will report to the senior operations manager but take day to day responsibility for Warehouse management. Moving to a new larger warehouse you will need to lead the team as they learn new technologies and work in an agile fashion to meet the timely needs of mailing, fulfilment and returns.
The highest standards of operational cleanliness, organisation and above all else accuracy will be expected. With multiple process flows and technologies to be managed they will be looking for a process led self-starter that is confident but also humble and good at following instruction. With team members often working in every zone the team could comprise multiple natural leaders and so excellent interpersonal skills will also be required.
- To manage the Warehouse team (Including Goods In & Out) and ensure daily tasks are completed in line with Service level Agreements of clients
- Be able to manage the upkeep of department hardware (Including forklifts) as well as the associated training and health and safety awareness of all employees and visitors entering the warehouse
- To be an active member of the local management team, providing leadership on quality, work rate and efficiency
- Help facilitate change management and process improvement (PIMS) as required by the business
- To oversee the safe receipt, storage, retrieval and internal movement of materials to meet business demand
- Seek to identify, propose and drive process and departmental efficiencies
- You will be the 1st point of contact for all Warehouse queries for the service team and operational management
- To manage the cross training and development of all team members in all departmental functions
- Attend and contribute to the production planning and new client on-boarding meetings as required
- Aspire to best practice for the department in all processes managed
- Highly organised and with a strong focus on the long term needs of the business. The person will be calm under pressure and will need to have a detailed and organised approach to their work
- You are someone who has the ability to communicate with a range of stake holders to achieve a ‘win win’ outcome
- A strong existing knowledge of Warehouse Management is an essential requirement for this role
This company offers fair and modern employment