Full-Time, Part-Time and Relief Support Workers required for their dynamic Supported Living Scheme in Stevenage, Hertfordshire. You will be supporting Adults with Learning Disabilities in all aspects of their daily lives; in their home and out in the community. You will be become a hugely important part of the person's life and help them along their journey to independence; not just supporting them but hopefully becoming a friend.
They want their people to do more than just 'work', they want their staff team to have a great time too! No one day will be the same and each day will provide a new challenge and experience.
The type of support you will be required to provide includes but is not limited to:
- All aspects of personal care
- Support with mobility
- Assisting with medication
- Support with accessing hobbies and interests - of which there are many and varied!
- Support with developing daily living skills
- Support with all health related issues
- Support with all social related activities and accessing the community
- Support to live independently within the community
- Full-Time, part-time and relief positions available
- Full Induction Training provided
- Access to Continuous Training and Development
- Excellent Career Progression
- Additional Day of Annual Leave for each year worked
- Essential - Previous experience of working with and supporting Adults with Learning Disabilities
- Essential - Flexibility and ability to work at short-notice.
- Essential - Excellent communication skills including ability to use of symbols and objects of reference
- Essential - Able to do sleep-ins
- Desirable - NVQ/QCF Level 2/3 qualifications and upwards
- Desirable - Full UK driving license
- Desirable - Previous experience of working within a Supported Living/Housing Scheme
- Desirable - Previous experience in dealing with Challenging and Complex Behaviours.
- Caring and compassionate nature
- Young and energetic approach to life
- Sense of responsibility
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Sense of humour
- Ability to think “outside the box" on how to include and integrate clients in order to encourage them to develop to their potential
Basic £9.17 per hour; with scope for additional overtime and sleep-in (Approximate provided maximum annual salary figure reflects this)
- Pro-rata holiday entitlement of 20 days’ per year, with accrual of one day per year worked.
Successful applications will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS check and provide satisfactory references.
This company is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to treating all people equally according to needs; irrespective of their race, colour, ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, gender, transgender, age, sexual orientation, HIV status, physical, mental, sensory or learning disability, marital status or economic status or any other factor.