The company offers a wide range of specialist contract research services. This position is focussed on delivering a diverse range of in vitro assays to regulatory standards, for the purpose of defining safety parameters as required by the Agrochemical and Pharmaceutical industry.
They are looking for an experienced and detail-oriented in vitro scientist for their GLP in vitro toxicology and endocrine disruptor assay services. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of in vitro assay development and conduct and will have gained previous experience working to regulatory standards in a CRO or industry setting. It is expected that the candidate can independently and technically support a variety of client and company projects to a high standard.
- Working to GLP principles
- Working closely with a multidisciplinary team to ensure a high-quality delivery of projects primarily in the in vitro areas
- Production, banking and maintenance of cell lines as required
- Preparation of standard reagents and compounds as required
- Develop and validate new in vitro assay methods and readouts
- Conducting experimental readout and analysis using cell culture, cell viability assays, bioanalytical and other relevant readouts
- Implementing quality control steps to ensure projects are conducted and delivered according to the standards expected, including developing new or updating SOP’s as required
- Data analysis and quantification using appropriate statistical methods
- Actively interrogate scientific literature to understand relevant advances in the field of Endocrine disruption and associated disciplines as necessary for individual projects
- Planning of projects in advance, arranging resources required for experimental conduct, ordering reagents and other laboratory maintenance tasks
- Accurate record keeping of all experimental work, from initial protocol development, laboratory notes, to write up of results and report production
- Life science degree (Cell Biology or related disciplines) essential, MSc advantageous, ideally with at least 2 years’ experience in a CRO or industry setting working to regulatory standards
- Proven experience of working to GLP for in vitro services is essential
- Proven laboratory experience in cell culture methods
- Experience in method development and validation to OECD guidelines highly advantageous
- Experience of enzymatic assays advantageous
- Experience in the use of bioanalytical methods (LC-MS/MS) advantageous
- Excellent data analysis and interpretation skills
- Proven experience in using Microsoft Excel and GraphPad Prism
- Strong verbal communication skills, participating in lab & client discussions
They are looking for dynamic individuals to join the growing team, who are excited about investigating the activity of chemical and pharmaceutical agents on behalf of their clients to ensure the safety of new products that are progressing to market.