We are a leading global SaaS company that develops business management cloud solutions for the trades industry. We are passionate about developing innovative technology solutions that empower our users. Our vision is to build a world where field service businesses can thrive!
We currently operate in Australia, New Zealand, the UK, Ireland, the US and Canada. We are a progressive and innovative company with exciting expansion plans.
About the role:
We have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and organised Scheduling Assistant to join our Implementation Team. Reporting to the Head of Implementation and Training, your primary purpose will be to support the successful onboarding of our software to customers.
- Assist in the planning of the Implementation Consultants schedules, ensuring that implementations are delivered on-time and within scope.
- Translate customers needs and requirements into tasks
- Scheduling and assigning tasks to an Implementation Consultant to action.
- Work with the sales and implementation teams to ensure customer implementations are progressed according to schedule.
- Report and escalate issues, obstacles and risks to avoid the need to change schedules.
- Assist, monitor & record the progress and success of implementations and training activities.
- Ensure that all documentation is completed and signed by the customer in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills
- The ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a similar role. Experience working in the trades industry would be advantageous.
- A good understanding of software adoption processes and the impact that planning has on the outcome of implementations.
- Private health insurance
- Perks, discounts and cashback
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based review
- A fun and vibrant culture, where we like to play a lot of ping pong!
- We Are One Team
- We Own It
- We Innovate
- We Care
- We Have Fun
We have an open culture and we believe in direct communication and diversity. This means that we want everyone to feel welcome with us and to provide equal opportunities for everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other non-performance factor.
So, if you'd like to join a fun and progressive organisation, where you can develop your career, send us your CV and covering letter. Covering letters MUST be included within your CV as these cannot be accepted separately.
Please note: no agencies will be accepted in the recruitment of this role. Any CV’s provided by agencies will be treated as a gift.