£21,000 + commission
This is an opportunity to join the fastest growing group tour operator in the UK, led by the same family that established the brand over 30 years ago and boasting a diverse product portfolio.
They are currently seeking to recruit an additional Sales account manager to work within their sports department selling sports tours to groups travelling to the UK, Europe and Worldwide.
From a Sales background, the successful candidate will work alongside the Sports Tours Manager and will be responsible for:
- Generating new business by fielding incoming enquiries and proactively creating new leads based on qualifying research and targeted selection.
- Harvesting existing and previous customers to ensure a high level of repeat bookings, and encourage multiple-trip accounts where possible.
- Working closely with the customers, including face-to-face meetings, telephone and email conversations to advise the most suitable products, and support them with promotional material and assistance to secure the sale.
- Working closely with the other members of the sport sales and itinerary team to establish and surpass short and long term targets to grow the brand and achieve goals.
- Communicating effectively with the sport Itineraries department to ensure customer satisfaction and high service levels, including a thorough group hand-over and operational support where necessary.
- Developing and maintaining excellent product knowledge by keeping up to date with new products.
- A driven and motivated sales professional with excellent time management skills
- Show excellent interpersonal skills, be able to integrate well into a team environment whilst taking responsibility for their own targets and workload
- Understanding of sport in general
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to their daily work whilst being able to prioritise tasks
- Ability to build and develop relationships with colleagues, suppliers and customers
- Show an outgoing and confident personality
- Possess good communication skills
- Be results driven and show a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Continuously developing their product knowledge and be committed to offering the customer the best possible experience