Location: Working from home or from their offices in Market Harborough, Leicestershire
Salary – £55,000 to £65,000, subject to experience + 5% pension, phone and laptop.
Are you an R&D tax specialist seeking an exciting and varied client facing role? Do you enjoy the challenge of managing and motivating a growing team?
This is an opportunity to join a well-respected and growing specialist R&D tax, video games tax and grant bid writing consultancy business. This business delivers optimised R&D tax claims by offering a ‘best in class’ consultancy service and through its R&D claim portal.
R&D Tax Claims
- Work with the Technical team to prepare R&D tax relief claims for submission to HMRC;
- Work with the client's finance team to ensure that all eligible R&D tax expenditure is identified;
- Prepare costing schedules, company tax returns and computations for submission to HMRC.
Video Games Tax Relief (VGTR)
- Work with their BFI specialist to prepare VGTR claims for submission to HMRC;
- Work with the client's finance team to ensure that all eligible production expenditure is captured and the VGTR claim optimised;
- Prepare company tax returns and tax computations for multiple trades.
- Manage and mentor a growing corporate tax team;
- Liaise with HMRC to ensure tax claims are processed efficiently;
- Be an ambassador for the business and to ensure the ethos of ‘delivering excellence’ is always maintained;
- Be an active member of the Senior Management team and be involved in projects that strategic growth plans.
Experience & Skills Required
Candidates for the role of R&D Tax Manager must be confident, self-motivated, tax professional with at least 5 years’ experience in general tax compliance. Candidates must also be:
- Qualified and registered with a recognised tax or accounting body.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of the UK R&D tax incentive regimes including involvement in SME and RDEC claims.
- Knowledge of accounting treatment and wider tax issues surrounding tax credits.
- Highly presentable, personable, a strong communicator, and comfortable meeting clients at senior executive level.
- Able to manage and prioritise multiple client claims.
- Highly competent with Microsoft Excel.
- Willingness to travel to client meetings, which can be anywhere within the UK, including frequent appointments in London.
If this sounds like you, then please apply now.