Position: Progress Chaser. Full-Time, Permanent Staff role.
Hours: Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 4:30pm, Friday 8.00am – 1.30pm. 37.5-hour working week.
Location: Saltley, Birmingham
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 per annum (dependent upon experience)
Benefits: 23 Days’ Holiday per annum + Bank Holidays, Pension scheme, free onsite secure car parking
This expanding company is looking for an experienced Progress Chaser for its expanding business in Birmingham. The successful candidate will be responsible for the flow of materials through the production facility, ensuring that production operatives have the correct quantities of materials/components and information delivered to them on time at the correct location to achieve on-time deliveries.
Working off your own initiative, the successful candidate will require/demonstrate the following attributes:
- Progress-chasing and logistics planning from new order receipt through to final despatch
- Experience working in an assembly /manufacturing / industrial environment
- Stores experience
- Excellent PC skills, especially Microsoft Excel & Word
- Strong networking and communication skills
- Demonstrate adherence to procedures and processes
- Strong organisation and co-ordination skills
They are looking for a highly motivated person as you will be expected to work on your own initiative although you will still need to operate well within a team environment. They are seeking someone who is capable of working to deadlines and within time frames and who can work well under pressure. You will need to have very good attention to detail and a good level of concentration.
- Maintain a clean and safe working area to meet the requirements of Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Policies.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are adhered to, to ensure compliance with the accredited Integrated Management System.
- Wear PPE as required in accordance with Risk Assessments and all written instructions.
- Practice and maintain 5S disciplines in accordance with quality standards.
- Ensure hazardous waste is disposed of in accordance with the company environmental policy.
- Undertake any other reasonable management request in line with the business needs.
- Flexible to working hours as schedules dictate.
- Reliable with a strong work ethic.
- General IT knowledge (Microsoft Office, etc).
- Eye for detail and pride in manufacturing aesthetically pleasing products.
- Providing additional support to the production team.
- Must embrace change and be willing to adopt new skills to support all areas of the business.
- To be flexible in a team-oriented environment.
- Grade C or above in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
- NVQ Level 2 or above in Manufacturing Operations would be advantageous
- Working with air tools (rivet gun, Riv-nut gun, sanders etc)
- Experience with MRP system software.