This company provides a fabrication service, mainly supplying the rail industry although they have the capability and experience of manufacturing a wide range of products across multiple industries. From simple laser cut components to complex multi-discipline assemblies, including mechanical and electrical, they can meet their customers' needs.
Their one-stop-shop mentality is the key to their success and they pride themselves on being a stand-alone service provider.
They are looking for an experienced Production/Materials Controller for their expanding business in Birmingham
You will be responsible for the flow of materials through the production facility, ensuring that production operatives have the correct quantities of materials/components and information delivered to them on time at the correct location to achieve on-time deliveries.
- Working off your own initiative, progress-chasing and logistics planning from new order receipt through to final dispatch
- Experience working in an assembly/manufacturing/industrial environment
- Stores experience
- Understanding of Bills of Material
- Excellent PC skills, esp Microsoft Excel & Word
- Strong networking, influencing and communication skills
- Demonstrate adherence to procedures and processes
They are looking for a highly motivated person as you will be expected to work on your own initiative although you will still need to operate well within a team environment. They are seeking someone who is capable of working to deadlines and within time frames and who can work well under pressure.
- You will need to have very good attention to detail and a good level of concentration.
- Reliable with a strong work ethic.
- Experience with MRP system software.
- Eye for detail and pride in manufacturing aesthetically pleasing products.
- Providing additional support to the production team.
- Must embrace change and be willing to adopt new skills to support all areas of the business.
Hours: Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 4:30pm, Friday 8.00am – 1.30pm. 37.5-hour working week.
Salary: £24,000 to £25,000 per annum (dependent upon experience)
Benefits: 23 Days’ Holiday per annum + Bank Holidays
Free on-site secure car parking
Location: Saltley, Birmingham