an independent software and technology consultancy who have clients in the public and private sector. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver exciting new digital services for our clients. We focus on understanding our client’s business and work with them to deliver change that makes their business more effective. We are able to support our clients with their strategy, technical design, user experience, software development and delivery into live service.
We are looking for candidates who are interested in a career in technology to join us as Junior developers. After our software development and consultancy training, consultants will join one of our projects to help us deliver the latest generation of digital online services for one of our public or private sector clients. We have a number of exciting projects for clients in the travel industry, government and leading edge start-ups.
You should have some academic or commercial programming experience and have a genuine interest in technology.
We are looking for people who have a background in critical thinking, enjoy tackling different problems in a structured way and are highly motivated self-starters. Our consultants should have great interpersonal and communication skills and a strong desire to deliver the best possible solutions for our clients.
- After training, you’ll be working as a Java or Python developer on one of our client projects.
Moving onto other client work (typically after 6 months to a year)
- Responsible for developing features, fixing bugs, updating application to comply with government standards.
- Being part of a larger team -working with and learning from a senior developer within the team.
- Helping with internal applications or other work when possible
- Working closely with clients to understand their needs and working with the team to whilst on client site.
- Help us to grow our software engineering practice
Specialist skills required
- Scientific or technical degree, or a relevant professional qualification, or equivalent experience
- Some experience in software development, using Python or Java (or related technologies)
- Understanding of common programming models (client/server, web based, integration)
- Some understanding of DevOps technologies (git, Docker, jenkins, travis or AWS)
- Understanding of development methodologies, Agile and Waterfall
- Good grasp of relational or non-relational databases (mysql, postgres or mongo DB)
Package and benefits
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Flexibility to work from home (4 days a week in the office)
- Up to 10 days training a year
- Generous discretionary bonus
- Statutory & Contributory pension
- Free gym membership
- Annual Away days
- Monthly company socials
- Ongoing training