This is an opportunity to join one of the four Inns of Court which have the exclusive right to call men and women, who have completed the necessary academic qualifications, to the Bar of England and Wales. The Inn’s practising members consist mainly of barristers and judges and includes about 500 students of various nationalities studying for the Bar. As well as calling men and women to the bar, this is a members’ organisation for barristers and provides them with various services and amenities
The Fundraising Officer post is a new role which presents a fantastic opportunity for a creatively minded and proactive Fundraising Officer to work closely with the Associate Director of Development. The main purpose of the role will be to secure sustainable income and provide scholarships to the Bar and Heritage funding as required. It is an exciting time to join the organisation and to build new income pipelines for this organisation.
This role would suit a driven individual with relevant experience in a not for profit organisation of individual giving, trusts & foundations or alumni giving and who can lead through their ability to organise and deliver projects, engage audiences ranging from barristers to senior judges through honed communication skills, and who can ultimately help deliver engaging development campaigns to increase income and reach targets.
Duties and responsibilities:
-To work with the Associate Director of Development (ADD) to help develop and increase income to build a sustainable pipeline for the organisation.
- Increase the profile and awareness of the organisation and the work that we do.
- Help establish and maintain a fundraising CRM database.
- To actively and effectively promote fundraising opportunities to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the creation of and support fundraising events.
- Research internal and external stakeholders, future acquisition targets and external funding sources including Trusts and Corporates.
- Increase internal knowledge and confidence in relation to fundraising.
- With the ADD to build targeted stewardship programmes and increase engagement with supporters and members.
- Write creative and compelling fundraising applications, monitor, track donations and keep financial records up to date.
- Work with website & social media teams to agree development messages and include regular campaigns in the organisation’s communications plans.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders including representatives of trusts and other funding bodies while working with project leads and keeping them engaged.
- To provide administrative support to the ADD as required, including preparing correspondence, booking meeting rooms/studios, greeting visitors and responding to telephone calls.