This is an exciting opportunity to join a specialist manufacturer of gas analysis equipment for demanding applications. They tailor solutions for customer’s unique industrial processes and provide a portable range for applications such as environmental monitoring, all with on-going comprehensive support packages.
Currently the finance function is provided by a combination of a part-time administrator supported by external accountants. The role is a newly created position aimed at increasing the day-to-day finance capability available to the CEO and is a key appointment for the next stage of development of this growing SME.
You will be the main finance person in the business day-to-day, but will be supported by the external accountants in an orderly handover and as on-going resource to supplement your skills as required.
If you have experience of being the main financial person in a business or have worked in a growing SME then you will know the breadth of the daily elements of the role:
- Working with sales / purchase ledger
- Processing sales and supplier invoices
- Strong credit control
- Reconciling supplier accounts
- Processing supplier payments
- Handling calls and emails
- Processing bank transactions
- Main bank account reconciliation
- Processing credit card expenses
- Working closely with individuals across the business at all levels
In addition to the daily elements they envisage a flexible approach between internal and external resources, depending on the skill-set of the successful candidate and the agreed working hours, to cover:
- Short-term cashflow forecasts
- Month end, management accounts, payroll and taxes
- Year end, budgeting and external relationships
The transactional volume is relatively low due to the capital nature of their products but inevitably the day-to-day tasks will represent a large part of the role. Cashflow forecasting and management is a key area of the role.
Reporting to the CEO and the external accounting professional in the hand-over period, the role is based in their Coventry head office.
A proven finance manager with the skills and passion to own the day-to-day finances of the business and able to work with a high-performance team of talented individuals working on growing the business. Your experiences and characteristics will include:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in lead finance role
- Strong understanding of bookkeeping and accountancy procedures
- Highly motivated, hardworking, strong technically & good team player
- Manufacturing/assembly industry experience advantageous
- Accounting qualification is advantageous as is Sage experience
£30-35k full-time equivalent salary depending on experience. Hours by agreement, with a minimum of 4 hours per day to provide the necessary day-to-day presence in the business, through to a full-time role for an exceptional candidate.
Located in the South East of Coventry with easy access.
Applications close 20th November 2020.