Plant - Access Engineer - Mobile Elevated Work Platform (MEWP) Engineer/Mechanic/Fitter
Salary circa £35,000 per annum DOE + Van + O/T + On Call Allowance + Mobile phone
48 hours per week, Monday – Friday with overtime available
An experienced Engineer/Mechanic with transferable skills is required to join a family owned business that specialises in Truck Mounted Platforms, supplies the full range of scissor lifts along with an extensive range of self-propelled booms all of which are carefully chosen in order to give their clients the most appropriate machine to meet their needs.
They pride themselves in giving 100% commitment to all their customers and offer a warm and friendly one to one service, whilst providing full coverage for any types of access equipment and are a registered IPAF/PASMA training centre.
They are looking for an experienced Engineer to work out of their Erith depot servicing, repairing and providing a breakdown service for their fleet of powered access equipment.
This challenging position requires someone with experience of either mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems, capable of transferring this knowledge and expertise across to Cherry Pickers, Scissor lifts, Booms, MEWP’s and other Powered access equipment.
Full on the job training will be given.
You will need a flexible approach, logical thinking and good interpersonal skills whilst liaising with site managers, customers and colleagues to keep the fleet in action and hire-ready.
Key responsibilities: -
- Servicing and repair all types of powered access equipment and plant
- Attend breakdowns and complete repairs on site
- Proficiently identify faults
- Complete all paperwork and tablet functionality accurately and on time
- Carry out pre-delivery inspections (PDI) of plant/access machines at the depot
- UK Driving Licence (No more than 6 points)
- Experience of Hydraulic, Electrical and Mechanical systems
- Ability to service, fault find and repair equipment
- Good communication and able to work with a positive attitude to customer service
- Time serviced/ qualified by experience Engineer
- CAP/LOLER would be an advantage but not essential
- IPAF would be beneficial (training will be provided)
A head for heights is essential