This employer are a growing IT managed service provider (MSP) based in central Manchester with clients nationwide. Founded early in 2016, they serve a range of clients in the SMB market, with a focus on financial services and other sectors that demand excellence in their IT service.
They pride themselves that their team provides a high standard of responsive and proactive support that all of their customers rave about.
Due to COVID-19, the team are primarily working remotely. All interviews and assessments will be conducted via Teams during this time.
- 1st & 2nd line technical support, in person, by phone & email – with a primary focus on end user computing devices (workstations, tablets, printers, mobile & fixed telephony) and SaaS services including Office 365
- Setup, testing and on-site installation of end-user computing devices, following our standard processes and documentation requirements
- Contributing to and maintaining our internal knowledge base
- Working with third party vendors and others to resolve issues
- Excellent customer service skills – in person, on the phone and email
- A self-starter who is at home working individually and as part of a small team
- A user-focused approach, putting end-users at the centre of your work
- High standard of written and spoken English with excellent attention to detail
- A keen learner with interest in new technologies and industry trends
- Good problem-solving skills using a range of sources
- Possess strong analytical skills and ability to maintain calmness and being diplomatic under stressful situations
- Strong multitasking skills to be able to effectively manage multiple activities, across multiple clients
- A-levels or above, or strong experience coupled with a relevant industry certification
- English and Maths GCSE grade C and above (or equivalent) essential
- Minimum 3 years’ IT support experience at 2nd line
- Minimum 2 years’ experience at an MSP
- Solid knowledge of troubleshooting typical PC hardware, software and printers
- Experience managing and supporting Windows Server 2012 R2 and newer, Windows 10 and iOS devices
- Experience supporting core Microsoft 365 services (user accounts, licensing, Exchange, Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive)
- Understanding of core networking principles, including switching, routing, DNS, DHCP, Wi-Fi, VLANs and VPN
- Understanding of fundamental IT security and data protection principles
- PowerShell scripting
- macOS support
- Azure Virtual Machines & networking
- Relevant Microsoft or CompTIA certifications
Salary: £22-28k dependent on experience
Contract type: Permanent full-time
Hours: 0830-1730 Mon-Fri. Occasional out of hours work and travel required.
Travel: Our clients are based nationwide, mainly in Greater Manchester & Central London. Site visits will be required with occasional overnight stays.
Company laptop and Apple iPhone provided.