This member’s only club situated in the vibrant town of Maidstone in Kent, is currently looking to recruit an experienced steward/stewardess to manage this business.
The club steward performs functions that are vital to the smooth day to day operation of the club. He/she manages the planning, delivery, preparation and sale of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drink as well as food in an efficient, effective and friendly manner. You will be responsible for managing, planning, monitoring and controlling all aspects of the club and its facilities.
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing the running of the club, including but not limited to;
- Menu development,
- Stock control and wastage reduction.
- Staff training and development
- Preparing food for lunchtimes and some evenings as agreed by the committee.
- A Basic Food Hygiene certificate is required
The successful candidate must be experienced hospitality and catering individuals. The applicants must be friendly efficient, experienced, possess great communication and social skills as well as working alongside bar/kitchen colleagues and the committee. In addition a good interactive relationship with club members is vitally important.
They are offering an excellent package to the ideal applicant which includes a 2 bedroom flat as well as a competitive salary.
- A productivity bonus will be agreed on appointment and will have specific performance challenges to achieve. Bonus is discretionary to all employees.
- Although, we are ideally looking for a couple to fill this position, we would be open to all options. Salaries are open to negotiation if the right candidate is found
- Couple £19,927 each for 40 hours each working as agreed with your line manager
- Single £19,927 for 40 hours work as agreed with your line manager
Although working hours will be generally quite flexible, there are certain times when stewards will be expected to work, they are including but not limited to;
- Stewards must work behind the bar Friday and Saturday evenings plus other evenings as
agreed by the Club Secretary
- Staff rotas completed and sufficient staff are in place in line with approved hours from Club Secretary. Keep up to date records of all staff hours, holidays, sickness and any UN authorised absence.
onsite parking is included.