This employer were formed 10 years ago and are still going strong. They offer select services similar to the big 4 and big law but delivered in a more personalised way.
They aim to act as an extension of their client’s teams and understand their business to offer simple, joined-up and commercial advice.
Today, they have a global client base of 1600+ clients from over 100 countries, from multinational conglomerates and governments through to SPVs and start-ups. They’re continuing to grow year on year.
Like them, you’ll have trained at one of the larger accounting firms but are now looking for a change.
You’re a qualified professional who likes to think beyond accounting. This part-time role is ideal for an experienced individual who enjoys working hands-on with clients but is looking for greater flexibility in their working day. You’ll be the first point of contact for clients, reviewing the work of junior members of the team and managing the delivery of our services.
The role will include the following duties:
- Advising clients on a variety of accountancy and tax matters on topics such as consolidations, R&D, share options, SEIS/EIS, reorganisations and restructuring transactions.
- Advising overseas clients who are expanding into the UK about all aspects of the UK tax environment
- Reviewing annual accounts and corporation tax returns (and preparing the more complicated ones!)
- Reviewing VAT returns
- Reviewing management accounts
- Building and maintaining client relationships
This is a flexible, home-based role (and will continue to be so in a post CV-19 world). We're proud to be family friendly and offer a great work-life balance.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
You must have the following:
- At least 5 years’ experience working in practice
- Relevant professional qualifications
- Experience working with demanding clients
- Ability to work without close supervision or management
- Candidates with experience of XERO and IRIS are preferred.
The ideal candidate will be excited about advising clients and building long-term relationships.
The role is initially part time (three days a week), but they are expanding and there will be scope to increase it to a full time role if desired at a later date. This is a permanently home based role and due to this they are open to applications from all over the UK.
Salary will be based on an hourly rate and there is the ability to earn more than this through additional hours, the bonus scheme and/or commission.