A Buyer is required to join a leading manufacturing company in the Electronics and Communications industry, providing contract engineering and manufacturing services to clients. The company offers a competitive salary, benefits package and excellent training prospects.
- Requesting quotes and raising orders with suppliers;
- Ensuring goods are ordered in a timely manner;
- Material costing for quotes as required by the Sales department;
- Order progressing;
- Expedite and eliminate materials shortages;
- Review existing purchase order schedules and adjust to meet current needs;
- Supplier management;
- Monitor and review supplier performance by way of KPI’s;
- Contribute to Production and Planning control;
- Carrying out additional duties as may be required; and
- Raising orders through the company Material Requirements Planning (MRP) System.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience working in a purchasing department;
- Experience in an engineering/electronics manufacturing business;
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office and Excel;
- Works in a timely and efficient manner;
- CIPS qualification is preferable; and
- Experience of purchasing fabricated and machined items is preferable.
They will also consider applicants for this role who wish to work part time with a pro rata salary.