2nd line IT Support Technician / IT Helpdesk / IT Support / Systems Administrator / Network Administrator / Chichester West Sussex
This company delivers onsite/remote IT support and hosted services to small-medium sized businesses throughout the South East of England ranging from 5 to 150 employees. Operating for 8 years and having near 100% customer retention they are a company that believes strongly in high IT standards, excellent communication, rapid problem resolution and dynamic solution delivery.
Based just outside Chichester they currently have a vacancy for a 2nd Line IT Support Engineer to work in their busy helpdesk department. This is an opportunity to join their growing dynamic organisation in an interesting and varied role.
This is a fast-paced and varied role for a 2nd Line IT Support Engineer. Based in their busy office just outside Chichester, you will provide remote and onsite support to business clients. You will need to be organised and structured in your approach to tasks with strong communication skills. There will be continuous involvement in delivering new and interesting projects to their clients.
This is a dynamic and challenging position working in a busy role with a skilled and friendly team where you will be well looked after and encouraged to learn, grow and progress.
The main responsibilities will include…
- 2nd line technical support to their customers
- Monitoring and updating the helpdesk ticket system
- Supporting laptops, desktops, thin clients and HP/Dell servers
- Support of VMWare Servers alongside 3rd line support
- Setup and administration of firewalls, VPN and VLAN
- Undertaking of small to medium sized IT projects
- Troubleshooting more complex problems with typical desktop/server/networking hardware and software
- Providing help and support to 1st line members of the team
The ideal candidate will have…
- A minimum of 2-3 years 1st/2nd Line IT Support within a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Excellent experience and knowledge of Active Directory
- Excellent experience and knowledge of Networking Hardware, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Experience and knowledge of Virtualisation Platforms, VMware and/or Hyper-V
- Advanced Windows Server Platform Experience in Server 2008, 2012 & 2016.
- Advanced Microsoft Exchange Experience in 2010 & 2013
- Experience in Cloud Services - Microsoft 365 & One Drive
- Experience of network troubleshooting including TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP
- Experience of Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- A confident and friendly personality with a keen and professional approach to work
- Enthusiasm for learning and improving their skills and knowledge
- Full Clean Driving Licence
Salary, benefits and working hours
A basic salary of £20k - £24k is available dependent upon experience.
The standard working hours are 8:30am to 5:30pm from Monday to Friday.