Vetting and HR Administrator – salary £20,000pa - £22,000pa depending on experience
This employer are looking for a HR Administrator with a minimum of two years experience. You will be an effective communicator at all levels. An educated knowledge of employment law is advantageous for this role. If you are ready for the next stage of your career then this could be the place for you.
Who are they?
They are a market leading ambitious, family owned award-winning security company, based in Glasgow and with offices in London.
What you will be doing
You will report to their HR and Compliance Manager.
- Review vetting applications to ensure they are complete and comply with BS785.
- Identify potential vulnerabilities and any matters relating to an applicant’s suitability for vetting clearance which may be a potential threat to security to highlight areas which may require further research and investigation prior to vetting clearance decision being made.
- Maintain full records of vetting activities and decisions made, to ensure that decisions are transparent and open to audit and review.
- Act as a first point of contact for vetting matters in force to provide advice and guidance and to support colleagues in the gathering and interpretation of information and support the application of local and national guidance.
- Issue offer letters, contracts, and all relevant starter paperwork.
- Weekly Monitoring of SIA badges and Right to work.
- Assisting with HR queries and be the first point of contact for recruitment and the on-boarding process. You will be responsible for ensuring correct procedures are followed in regards to employee relations and be able to advise on current employment law issues.
- Assisting with off-boarding process.
You will need to be very hands-on and have a ‘can do’ attitude. You will be very much a people person. You will have the ability to maintain good internal relationships and be able to prioritise your workload so that you can deal with high volume effectively. You will have experience in a high paced environment and have the ability to assist a workforce of 250+ employees.
HR Administrator Key Responsibilities
- HR and Recruitment
- Vetting to BS7858 Standards
- Internal & External Compliance
- General Administration duties
HR Administrator Key Duties:
- Ensuring all p-files are in line with BS7858
- Ensure inductions are carried out for all members of staff
- Advise on HR with the staff, type up and send out disciplinary’s etc
- Assist managers on HR issues
- Issue offer letters, contracts and all other relevant starter documentations
- Create leavers form
- Keep staff record up to date – holidays, sickness, personnel
- Process incoming reference requests