This leading motorsport centre is looking for a well experienced and enthusiastic chief technician to join their friendly team at their in-house race circuit!
They have an exciting array of track race cars and supercars which you will be required to maintain, service and repair where needed. They also work on customers performance vehicles specialising mainly in Japanese sports cars and other high end performance cars.
You will be required to work as part of a team, lead where necessary whilst being confident to work alone as required
- You must be able to fully rebuild an engine, both head and bottom end rebuilds are common within their workshop. Ideally the applicant will have engine dyno tuning experience
- You must have good fabrication skills, welding is essential as they often repair, modify and fabricate bespoke parts
- You must be able to successfully diagnose faults on vehicles and must be able to think outside of the box in order to fix or improve the design and functionality of performance parts
- You must be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ideally have a thorough understanding of electrical systems and components. You should be well organised with prior experience working in a performance garage
Some of your job role will require you to deal with customers face to face so customer service skills are required. Due to the nature of their business both preventative and reactive work is required, this may mean diagnosing or even repairing vehicles track-side.
The workshop is based in a private rural setting, as such use of a car is essential.
They have an onsite secure carpark. Working hours are flexible however Saturday’s are a must. There is the option to work either 5, 5.5 or 6 days per week.
The position offered is full time and salary ranges from £25,000 p/a to £35,000 p/a.
Salary is flexible depending on skill and hours worked. Their open hours are Monday – Friday 08:00 – 18:00 and Saturday 08:00 – 17:30. Holiday entitlement reflects the days worked per week.
In addition to the master Technician role, they are also seeking experienced track drivers who have a passion for cars and instructing guests in a customer facing role. The applicant must be able to competently carry out light mechanical duties in addition to delivering exceptional customer service as an instructor. Being well-organised, presentable and personable to their guests is key. Prior experience in a performance garage / race team or track driving/racing would be beneficial. Full instructor training will be provided in supercars on track.
Applicants will be employed with a full time contract 5/6 days a week at their race track.
Bonus Sunday operating hours are optional, approved by a Manager at an additional £100 per day.
Bonus scheme allows the successful applicant to earn up to an additional £20 per customer review on top of the regular salary.
Range from £18k – 22k per annum depending on experience.