Since 1944 this company has rapidly expanded the services it offers, in line with its client base and reputation. As a well-regarded refurbishment contractor they provide building maintenance services within the public sector, predominantly to local authority housing associations. Working as a close knit team the organisation has successfully proven time and time again its ability to be a serious competitor in the construction industry.
An opportunity has arisen for a Trainee Quantity Surveyor to join this company, working alongside a Contract Manager and team in the companies busy project delivery department.
The position is a great entry level position into the business and involves assisting the Quantity Surveyor/Contract Manager with all aspects of managing live contracts and submitting new tenders. The successful candidate will initially work 4 days per week and attend college on day release to study a HNC in Quantity Surveying. All training costs are funded by the business.
Alternatively if you have already completed or are undertaking a HNC or HND in a similar area please continue to submit your application.
The successful candidate will gain knowledge and experience in the following:
- Controlling and capturing costs
- Processing of Subcontractor orders
- Review and processing of subcontractor applications for payment
- Maintaining accurate cost and value records for the works, to present to management and support applications to the client
- An understanding of the contract and its application
- Ability to conduct effective negotiations with both the Client and Subcontractors
- An understanding of the principles of measurement of work items
- Experience of tender and procurement processes
- Experience of a variety of scheme works up to a value of £2m
- An understanding of health and safety requirements and documents
- Full manual driving Licence
- Good communication skills
- Fully computer literate with experience of using Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to use initiative and work without supervision at times.
- Confident and able to build a rapport with clients and colleagues alike
- A DBS check will be required
- A company vehicle and mobile phone will be provided – (If under 25 years of age you will unfortunately not be eligible to be added to our business insurance policy. You will need to be prepared to use your own vehicle and ensure that your policy covers you for Class 1 business use. An additional car allowance will be paid)
- Hours - Monday to Friday 8:00am to 17:00pm
- Salary: £14,000 - £16,000
To apply please send your CV.
All applications are assessed in line with Equal Opportunities Regulations and held in line with Data Protection Regulations.