This international textile manufacturing company based in the Huddersfield area is looking to recruit a Technical Dyer to oversee and control the bulk dyeing of fabric at Holmfirth Dyers.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
1) Working with the Dye house manager you are responsible for Achievement of the Dye Plan on Winches and Jet Dyeing.
2) Responsible for all key tasks associated with the colouration process including: shade matching, recipe preparation, setting dye programs and supporting personnel with all tasks relating to this process.
3) Maintain robust compliance procedures in relation to Quality, H&S and Compliance systems supported by continuous improvement within the dyeing operation. Drive a culture change within the business by acting as an ambassador in reducing costs that are incurred as a result of issues relating to these areas and advising and acting on improvement opportunities as they are identified. Ensure that any process changes are communicated in line with Holmfirth Dyers and the groups change control procedure.
4) To maintain departmental Health & Safety standards by ensuring Risk assessments, COSHH and training is completed to a high standard ensuring safe operation.
5) To manage costs within the Dyehouse ensuring the budget is controlled and maintained.
Knowledge and aptitudes required:
- Mathematics and Numeracy Skills – Essential
- Good Man Management Skills
- Good Knowledge of the Textile industry
- Colour Management and Colour Matching
- Experience as a Technical Dyer
- An ability to see differences in shade: Your colour vision may be tested.
- Must work as part of a team.
- An interest in chemistry.
- To be a well-organised person as your workload could be varied.
- Problem-solving skills.
- To be able to lead and organise others.
- You may be working with materials that can cause irritation. This aspect of the work needs to be considered by people with certain skin conditions or those that have breathing difficulties.
- There is a requirement for flexibility with regards to working hours.
- Good colour acuity / recognition
- Must be able to work in the United Kingdom