This leading manufacturer of safety products is looking for a Technical Director to take on a newly created role which sits as a member of the Executive Board. The business has a number of entities internationally and is working towards optimising the teams/capability to grow in new markets/geographies. There are approx. 220 employees internationally and annual turnover of 50m. The key objective of this role will be to transform the design and delivery of our product portfolio implementing digital and electronic expertise and capability into our product propositions.
This is a relatively new Board that is structured to deliver ambitious financial growth. The business operates in limited geographies in North America, Europe and the UK. The current product portfolio is considered best in class within the markets and the brands are valuable and well reputed. The Technical Director will evolve the current product portfolio through digitisation/innovative design and expertise and will work closely with our sales and marketing teams and experienced engineers to transform customer experience. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
- Minimum bachelor degree or equivalent in a science based discipline - ideally software/electronic engineering
- An understanding of software and firmware development
- Experience of developing IOT solutions and cloud architecture
- Knowledge and demonstration of a wide range of engineering technologies
- Demonstrable experience of selection best in class partners (vendor assessment)
- A dual technical and commercial mind-set, to drive solution creation and have the foresight to see commercial opportunities for products
- Ability to manage cross functional/international teams
The salary is from 80-100k depending on skills/experience. This role also attracts full executive package (including car allowance, pension, bonus, shares, death in service). There is free onsite parking in London. The company is eager to speak to those who maybe looking for a step up in their career looking at a first Director role (but can demonstrate both technical and digital leadership and transformation in previous roles) or equally experienced Senior Directors who are able to step into the role and quickly accelerate the ambitious growth plans of this business.
The London site is at Kingsbury Road NW9. This role can be remote but the incumbent will be required to be on site regularly. As travel permits, there will also be a requirement to visit other sites and customers internationally. Candidates are requested to please ensure they are clear about the person spec (minimum requirements). Candidates must have the right to work within the UK. We will be unable to provide individual feedback to all applicants but we thank you for your application and will be in contact for first stage video interviews if successful.