Do you live in the following catchment areas: Worthing, Brighton, Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Lewis, Horsham, Storrington, West Chiltington?
Required Support Worker for Nights in West Chiltington, West Sussex
Shift Pattern Two nights per week Sunday night and either Monday or Wednesday from 21:30pm to 08:30am
Pay Rate Sunday night: £126.50 per shift, Monday/ Wednesday night: £114.50 per shift
About our client
A young boy with cerebral palsy affecting all 4 of his limbs. Mum describes him as very good natured, sweet, affectionate, non-verbal but does vocalise and uses facial expressions. He is a very happy child. He is fed and has all medication via a gastronstomy. He loves music, TV, swimming, riding his trike, attempts adventurous activities when on holiday. He enjoys school, being with his friends and is sociable
Your role is to help prepare him for sleep and to settle him when he disturbs during the night. You will also assist in his morning routine and get him ready for school during the term. He has
physical needs and requires hoisting for all transfers. No night is the same and this role is not a sleeping night but seen as a resting night as you are expected to attend to his needs when
necessary, during the night. Some nights he is quite settled and others he is not. You will work in a lovely home where the night support worker has their own room, bathroom and use of a duty
room. The parents are supportive, and the staff enjoy the work and working with the client.
A DBS for child workforce is a must.
Skills Knowledge & Expertise
You will have some experience of disturbed nights which could be with your own family. The family are willing to train the person with the right attitude, even if they do not have all the experience. Essentials are:
- Confident in your own abilities to work with the client
- Resilient to stay awake or have disturbed sleep
- Sensitive to his needs, for instance not talking over him
- Able to relate positively and enthusiastically to young people
- Responsible to work on your own over a night shift, ensuring the safety, dignity, needs and wishes of the client and follow the care plan. The parents are on hand if needs be.
- Computer literate to support our client and to communicate with the family and case manager.
- Be a happy and bubbly person.
- Experience of gastrostomy
- Some experience with people with special needs in their home or working life
- First Aid certificate
- Previous training in medication provision, moving and handling, safeguarding
- If you are not on the DBS Update Service, they will arrange for you to apply again.
- Immediate start available
- Other shifts available by mutual agreement
- Lovely environment with the use of an extremely comfortable own room and bathroom.
- On the job training
A FULL JOB DESCRIPTION WILL BE SENT TO YOU - apply now!
Part-time hours: 22 hours per week
Application deadline: 17/12/2021