This international textile manufacturing company based in the Huddersfield area is looking to recruit a Supply Chain & New Product Development Manager.
You will provide leadership and direction with regards to production planning and supply chain to ensure excellence is achieved and maintained. Apply knowledge and guidance in ensuring that all new products distributed from the business are fit for purpose, have processed to specification and are compliant to requirements.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
1) Plan and manage day to day activities ensuring consistency of process, service and reporting using Production planning systems and tools ensuring daily targets and KPIs are achieved.
2) Manage raw materials and finished goods stock supply and related processes to ensure service level targets are maintained.
3) Support the management team in achieving both individual and team objectives, developing a ‘can do’ culture.
4) Take a lead role in monitoring stock, capacity and demand, ensuring that forecasts, analysis and lead times are maintained, and customer demands are met.
5) Be responsible for investigating and responding to customer complaints.
6) For new product developments, oversee processes to ensure final product compliance.
7) Co-ordinate product and process trials in conjunction with internal and external customers and in line with business requirements. Manage development projects from inception through to conclusion.
8) Develop process routes to maximise efficiency of production whilst maintaining product quality integrity and compliance to regulatory requirements.
9) Research, trial and introduce methods of work including documenting process, training, quality and H&S compliance on new products.
10) Conduct internal audits as required.
Knowledge and aptitudes required:
- Demonstrable knowledge of textile wet processing including preparation, dyeing and finishing of Polyester and Wool.
- Demonstrable experience of managing textile supply chains or production planning.
- Proven experience in influencing internal and external stakeholders at senior levels of an organisation
- Knowledge and experience of training and developing people
- Proactive approach to all work undertaken
- Self-motivated, driven and enthusiastic nature with an enquiring mind
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills
- Ability to motivate and drive team performance
- A strategic thinker
- Ability to work under own initiative
- An excellent communicator at all levels and comfortable delivering tough messages when required
- Results orientated, focused and determined
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and credibility quickly
- Demonstrable negotiation and influencing skills
- Full, driving licence