Experienced Supervisor required to join busy team, with projects over London, South & South East, completing external/internal refurbishments, pitch/flat roofing, K&B replacement, window/door renewals and FRA works and cyc. redecoration.
You will need to oversee activities on multiple sites ensuring staff and contractors work safely and productively to achieve completions and handovers.
All candidates will require a full UK driving licence.
You will be able to effectively manage multiple sites, supervising and organising so work is carried out to required standards with minimum risk and in line with the client’s spec and the site H&S plan.
Ideal candidates will be confident and skilled in managing people and tackling issues.
- Visit site to inspect works, confirming standards and requirements are met. Identify issues and discuss solutions with team, issuing corrective actions where necessary. Report back to contract manager any variance to standards or scheduling so that action can be taken.
- Supervise staff ensuring targets are met. Perform six month appraisals.
- Ensure team wide compliance with policies and procedures, rectify behaviour when necessary.
- Source contractors to ensure resources are available to complete works.
- Comply with CDM requirements where they apply to work activities undertaken. Ensure statutory requirements are met.
- Ensure site safety inspections are completed and record compliance. Notify non-compliant areas to contract manager and H&S.
- On completion of works - all documents available for the contract manager
- Additional works recorded in contract instructions, submitted for client authorisation.
- Adhere to all financial procedures - agreeing labour costs, additional works rates and authorising payment sheets etc. Ensuring that rates negotiated for subcontractor works include all necessary safety requirements and provide necessary risk assessments and method statements.
- Maintain accurate filing and record systems, ensuring all records are clear and precise, providing updates to management when required.
- Assist in quality assessment of works detailing contractor performance, financial performance and review of H&S file for compliance.
- Undertake and complete necessary training courses.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience in similar role
- Experience managing team of trade staff
- Good knowledge of varied trades
- Understanding of cost control
- Ability to work under own initiative, reporting to management
- Excellent communication skills
- A confident, can do attitude
- Ability to establish good working relationships
- An excellent understanding of H&S
- Ability to manage own time and prioritise workload
- CSCS card
- Computer skills – Microsoft packages
- Scaffold Inspection & First Aid - Can be provided
A DBS check will be required.
A company vehicle and mobile phone will be provided
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00am to 17:00pm
Salary: £38,000 - £42,000 dependant on experience