A Software Developer (C# .net), is required to work within this companies IT and Development team. This is a varied technical role which would suit someone looking for a role which requires them to be able to develop software as well take responsibility for maintenance and support of third party and internal software applications.
You will be assisting with the development of existing and new applications primarily written in C# .net. You will also ensure that all IT hardware, systems, third party and in-house written applications are functioning correctly and that problems are investigated and fixed promptly. This involves responding to events detected by their monitoring and logging systems, dealing with support issues reported by users, working proactively to find and fix repetitive issues and correcting system performance issues.
You should be able to develop large, complex and maintainable applications and should be able to do so in about one third of the time a competent person would expect.
- To be involved in all phases of the software development life cycle
- Liaise with members of staff and/or clients where appropriate to support existing applications and systems as well as develop new ones
- Establish a full understanding of the application stacks and how they are connected, administered, configured and maintained
- Develop and improve the applications the company currently uses to improve business performance
- Conducting testing, debugging and installation of developed software into the live production environments
- Provide out of hours support on a rota and assist with any out of hours releases that are required
- Monitor system performance and status and take early actions to ensure systems remain available and of high performance
- Take ownership of incidents and service requests relating to the business hardware and applications
- Ensure all requests and incidents are logged and are resolved within any applicable SLAs
Skills and Experience
- Excellent diagnostic, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, while being self-directed, proactive and action oriented
- Good communication skills
- Approachable and helpful personality with a can-do attitude
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work on things in parallel
- Own issues and coordinate responses to ensure issues get resolved
- Experience in C# development and coding or similar language
- Experience in .NET and ASP.NET
- Knowledge of OOP (object-oriented programming) principles
- Some experience in designing, analysing and troubleshooting applications
- Understanding of SQL Server or other relational databases
- Able to bring ideas to the table on how to improve applications and systems
This will be based in the Kettering office, some travel to the Leicester office may be required with the possibility of some remote working for the right candidate.