A well-regarded refurbishment contractor, this company provides building maintenance services predominantly to housing associations. Working as a close knit team the organisation has successfully proven time and time again its ability to be a serious competitor in the construction industry.
Description of Role
The Site Manager needs to plan and supervise the day-to-day activities at site level, and ensure that work is carried out in a safe manner in compliance with all H&S legislation.
They are currently looking for a Site Manager, to be working at scattered London sites.
(Postcode on the advert is for the Head Office - not the site locations)
The areas change regularly subject to the property list provided by the client and therefore the appointed person needs to be flexible and willing to work in multiple areas at any one time.
After completion of current projects, you would continue on any of their other projects covering London and the South East of England.
Because of this driving is a fundamental part of the role. Please do not apply unless you have a full valid driver’s licence, and are willing to undertake distances to and from site, and between sites.
They are looking for a candidate who is a good team player, but is able to use their own initiative where required.
A hard worker with a friendly, easy going nature, who is able to build a rapport with site staff and the team.
The confidence to manage people and tackle problems as and when they arise.
Essential Skills & Experience
- General social housing refurbishment
- Experience or background in decorating and managing cyclical redecoration and repair programmes
- Kitchen and bathroom renewal experience
- A confident, can do attitude
- Experience of managing a team of trade staff across multiple sites and locations
- Good working knowledge of varied trades
- Experience in a similar role will be highly beneficial
- An awareness of cost control
- A flexible approach to the role
- The ability to work alone and report back to management where necessary
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to establish good working relationships with clients, the public and subcontractors
- An excellent understanding of Health and Safety
- Ability to manage own time and prioritise workload
- CSCS card holder
- Basic computer skills
- Scaffold Inspection - Training can be provided
- First Aid - Training can be provided
- IPAF training
- PASMA training
- Basic scaffold inspection
- A DBS check will be required.
- A company van and mobile phone will be provided (must be over 25 to be on their company insurance)
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00am to 17:00pm
Salary: £32,000 - £35,000 dependant on experience and qualifications.
When applying please send over your full CV.
All applications are assessed in line with Equal Opportunities Regulations and held in line with Data Protection Regulation.