This company are a specialist metal and alloy producing company based out of their 46 hectare site in Rotherham.
They currently have a position available for a Site Maintenance Operative who will assist with the upkeep of the interior and exterior of the site. The position demands physical effort and general repair skills to undertake the maintenance and improvements needed around site. Practical experience of work in the construction industry and adhering to health and safety regulations would be an advantage but not a requirement.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reporting directly to the Facilities Manager working along side other Maintenance Team members carrying out a variety of work tasks including:
- Painting (internal and external)
- Grass cutting and lawn care
- Joinery repairs
- Basic plumbing mostly push fit
- Ground works, pothole repairs
- Tree cropping
- Installing kitchen cupboards
- Reporting of major repairs
- Unblocking drains
- Must have some experience of manual working with capabilities to carry out the duties shown above, with an understanding for basic use of hand and power tools.
- Some work involves the use of a cherry picker or scissor lift, so a fear of heights would not be suitable
- A basic understanding of plumbing and joinery, good communication, organising skills and attention to detail would be an advantage
Hours of work are 8am to 4pm, Monday – Friday, with opportunities for overtime & weekends (with notice if needed,) but some flexibility is required at times which involves starting or finishing work early or late.
In return they offer:
- A safety-first environment with competitive salary, flexible working policy, career development opportunities and a generous benefits package
- 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays (and the option to purchase up to 5 more days each holiday year with the Holiday Buy Scheme)
- Generous Company pension
- Private healthcare schemes (Level 4 Westfield membership, option to join AXA healthcare plan after 5 years)
- On site gym facilities
- On site parking
They also operate a recruitment referral scheme
Please note appointment is subject to successful employment screening: right to work checks, references, medical screening, and alcohol & substance misuse testing