This employer is a leading Shopify Plus agency, committed to working with fast-growing brands to help them create an outstanding online shopping experience. With offices based in Nottingham and London, their team of 30+ has worked with some of the UK’s biggest brands, including Hanon Shop, Chinti & Parker, Ally Capellino, Mountain Equipment, Nottingham Forest, Warners Gin, Herman Miller, John Norris, and many, many more.
About the role
As a Shopify developer, you’ll be building, optimising and supporting Shopify Plus websites, as well as working on complex migration projects.
- Migrating client stores from other eCommerce platforms to Shopify Plus.
- Building responsive Shopify Plus sites from PSDs and Sketch Files.
- Developing new Shopify Plus templates and features.
- Implementing SEO, CRO and site speed best practices.
- Extending Shopify’s native functionalities.
- Iterative website improvements.
- Ongoing support for Shopify clients, including fixing bugs, testing site speed, site optimisation, and building new pages.
- Working directly with clients to suggest any improvements, apps and plug-ins they might need.
- Participating in project meetings to give feedback on technical requirements.
- Keeping tickets updated as you complete tasks.
- Communicating with clients to keep them updated on a task’s progress, where necessary.
Who they’re looking for:
- 2+ years of experience with Shopify and web development.
- Shopify template, debugging and front-end skills.
- A thorough understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and WAI guidelines.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- A strong communicator that’s happy to work directly with clients.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced agency environment.
- A problem solver that doesn’t shy away from complex issues – someone who will find creative solutions, educating themselves where necessary.
- A passionate, driven self-starter, able to work both autonomously and collaboratively.
- Proven experience of extending Shopify’s functionalities, e.g. using storefront APIs, liquid programming, meta fields, etc.
- A competitive salary
- Work from anywhere!
- Flexible hours
- Access to Perkbox
- Regular office outings (on-hold during the pandemic)
- Work with some of the industry’s most exciting brands