Do you have great attention to detail? Do you take pride in your work? Do you love movies? That last one is not essential, but they guarantee you will love the job even more if you do. The items you will be working with range from intricate model miniatures, scripts and posters, each requiring specialist packing to ensure they arrive safely at their destination. This employer seeks to invoke a friendly family environment with a great atmosphere. They are world leaders in what they do, and they get things done at pace through collaboration and excellent planning.
To keep their shipping department operating at a high standard and on schedule, they are searching for a candidate who will be highly professional, organised, detailed, and become part of this expanding family.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Shipping Operative is responsible for the shipping of unique and unusual items to clients worldwide. The Shipping Operative will verify, locate and pack items for shipment, ensuring every order is safely prepared prior to dispatch. The position also adheres to the shipping department’s daily volume goals and best practices. The role reports to the Shipping Manager and will interface with the other internal departments when required.
- Locate, pick, and pack client orders and check documents in line with company processes
- Treat all items with extreme care and ensure they are packed securely to required standards
- Inspect all items prior to shipping and advise Manager of any discrepancies
- Proactively monitors own work efficiency and accuracy
- Meet department performance expectations as defined by shipping metrics and/or current projects
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail, with the ability to follow work instructions
- Work effectively during busy periods and possess the ability to multitask and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to adapt to an ever changing, fast-growing environment
- Performs additional tasks and duties as needed, directed and assigned
- Adhere to company processes and policies
- Follow health and safety guidance due to physical nature of the role
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and equivalent, e.g., Google Sheets etc.
- Possess a collaborative approach and flexibility in working with others in a team environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a logistics or warehouse environment, including packing, shipping, and manual handling. Basic knowledge and understanding of international customs procedures is desirable. A valid forklift license is desirable but not required.