This company is looking for an experienced Senior Electronics and Software Engineer to join their busy Design Team in Fishponds, Bristol. This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside a talented team of engineers, creating innovative solutions for their customers.
They are looking for someone who is hard-working, driven, and able to work alongside the wider teams to ensure projects are delivered on-time and within budget. Day to day you will use your experience to design electronic circuits using Altium Designer and write design specifications for a variety of different products.
You will also design and code embedded software on a variety of platforms and will be responsible for testing and debugging your own work. As part of your role, you will support your fellow team members to enable best practice and the continual improvement of the company's design services.
- Completed the relevant degree level qualification and have 4 years relevant experience, or;
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience.
- Be familiar with microprocessor/microcontroller architectures and peripherals.
- Have vast experience in both electronic and embedded software design
Skills and Experience
- Writing hardware requirements / design / test specifications
- Microcontroller circuit design
- Microprocessor circuit design – ARM based, DDR, NAND flash etc
- Analogue circuit design – opamps etc
- Power supply design – linear and switched mode using off the shelf devices
- Schematic entry into a CAD system (Altium preferred)
- Simulation (LTspice, TINA-TI or similar)
- Embedded software design in ‘C’
- Realtime operating systems for embedded platforms
- Software version control systems
- Software design (UML etc)
Other useful skills
- EMC test experience / designing to minimise EMC issues
- Altium PCB layout experience
- Hardware design with FPGAs / VHDL
Salary & Benefits
- Salary of £45,000 to £50,000
- Flexitime system
- Private healthcare
- Company pension scheme
- 22 days annual leave plus additional day for every 5 years service
- Birthday day off
- Monthly and quarterly employee recognition scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
- Four social events a year
- On-site parking
- Complimentary refreshments
If you’ve got a passion for electronics and software design, get a buzz out of finding new ways to solve unique problems and enjoy a busy and friendly work environment, they want to hear from you.
This post is based in Fishponds, Bristol.
Working hours are 37.5 hrs per week, Monday - Friday.