A small to medium sized plant, forms a part of a large global organisation, is recruiting for a Senior Accountant. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing and performing specialised accounting, budget development, or financial analysis in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and Company policies and procedures.
- Performs, or serves as team leader, for the accounting/finance department in assembling complex and interrelated financial statements, tax returns, analyses, payroll, and reports. Oversees and reviews the recording of expenditures, entries, and postings to general ledgers. Verifies books and bank statements.
- Coordinates with Accounting Manager monthly close and budgeting cycles and analyse financial operations and recommends enhancements to policies and procedures.
- Serves as team leader in the compilation, analysis, presentation and monitoring of the consolidated annual budget and develops and presents financial models to assist in tactical and strategic recommends new or enhanced financial statements.
- Oversees and assists in audit preparation by developing required schedules and reconciliation reports. Monitors and develops monthly reports of revenues and expenditures for projects.
- Analyses functional operations and recommends enhancements to policies and procedures, reviews and recommends and implements new or enhanced automated financial systems.
- Oversees and reviews payroll administration as well as other related tasks and assists with pensions for the site.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Right to live and work in UK.
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA certificate) or bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or closely related areas.
- 5 years of broad-based accounting/reporting, financial analysis, budget development experience, including supervisory or management experience.
- Working knowledge of UK tax laws.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in the use of professional PC software such as MS Office, Project & Visio, and general office equipment.
- Advanced Excel experience.
- Demonstrated capabilities in leadership, communication, presentation, training, team facilitation, and interpersonal capability, combined with an ability to work cross functionally.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Possesses and applies knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures in accounting, budgeting, and financial analysis.
- Knowledge of SAP.
They offer friendly working environment with a ‘family feel’ to it with a well-established stable business as well as competitive salary and excellent benefits. If you meet position requirements then they want to hear from you!