A Project Curator is required to deliver and develop projects as a key part of the work of the this council’s Exhibitions and Collections team.
To work with the Head of Exhibitions and Collections, and across the team, to:
- Contribute to delivering and developing an innovative, creative programme of exhibitions and events highlighting contemporary themes and issues within craft,; and development and delivery of a curators’ network and events programme;
- Work collaboratively with other council teams teams on creative or curatorial projects, leading projects as appropriate and required;
- Liaise with other creative and cultural organisations and venues with the potential for partnerships to support increased access to the national council Collections, and to encourage origination of new and innovative exhibitions, events and projects.
- Research and curate agreed projects and initiatives to a high standard
- Produce and manage agreed projects and initiatives and ensure their successful delivery
- Keep abreast of developments in sector needs to ensure that the Exhibitions and Collections public programme is relevant and effective and that it meets audience development objectives
- Collaborate with the Exhibitions & Collections team colleagues to propose, co-ordinate and deliver displays and events
- Collaborate and manage relationships with internal and external partners to ensure effective project delivery.
- Actively develop new and diverse audiences for their exhibitions and events in line with our diversity and audience development strategies, working closely with the organisation’s communications and marketing teams.
- Work with the Touring & Loans Managers to ensure the effective collecting, collation and dissemination of data, evaluation and information relating to the council exhibitions, projects and CPD programmes as required
- Work in partnership with creative and cultural organisations to deliver collaborative projects
- Contribute to and manage external contracts relating to partnership and collaborative working
- Support preparation of annual financial estimates and projections for the exhibitions programme
- Manage and monitor the Collections and Exhibitions budgets related to relevant areas of responsibility
- Be an ambassador for the council representing it at relevant regional and national events
- Handle all objects to a safe and professional standard
- Manage and oversee interns and work placement students
- Ensure all exhibition and collection activities promote diversity, inclusion, access and Equal
- Work with other staff on joint initiatives and working groups
- Undertake any other duties, which may reasonably be allocated by the Exhibition and Collection Manager or other senior members of staff