This company is the global market leader in the design and manufacture of cooling systems for X-ray crystallography. Their low temperature devices are used in companies, university laboratories and research institutes around the world, in applications from drug discovery to materials research.
They have an opening in their successful production team for a Production Technician. They are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated technician/engineer with excellent analytical and technical skills to join their team.
The role will include high level electro-mechanical assembly and test, with fault finding and diagnosis as required.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small skilled team of technicians building high quality products for a global market.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have a minimum of 2 years hands-on experience in a similar role
- Have electro-mechanical assembly and testing skills preferably with scientific instrumentation.
- Be skilled in the use of tools, equipment and testing equipment
- Have the ability to work alone when required and be self-motivated.
- Utilise best practice processes, techniques and continuous improvement methods as introduced
Required qualifications/education: -
- A levels, BTEC l/II or HND / HNC
- Excellent electrical and mechanical understanding
Up to 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
Contributory pension scheme
Their production facility is located just outside Oxford in Long Hanborough. They have Hanborough train station within walking distance, or alternatively have good car parking available on-site.