This employer is one of the world’s leading international mail, shipping and distribution organisations, delivering customers packages, parcels and documents to more than 200 destinations across the globe.
Production Team Leader (Mechanised Mailing)
In this position the Production Team Leader is responsible for the smooth running of Mechanised Mailing Production, setting targets to improve quality and efficiency and encouraging staff to work well and achieve high standards. This person will be experienced in setting and minding envelope and polythene enclosing machines.
In order to be successful in this role the person will have good knowledge of the broader mailing industry and a willingness to support and work in our other developing production areas. You will be working closely with the Operations Management teams to optimise workload and meet sometimes challenging customer requirements.
- Organise and replenish work i.e. materials, inserts, brochures, letters, envelopes at regular intervals
- To ensure quality checks are carried out on jobs and documented correctly
- Work with Operations Management Team to allocate staff
- Motivate and improve staff morale towards working as a team whilst maintaining production level requirements
- Encourage staff to work well and achieve high standards
- Set targets to improve quality and efficiency
- Monitor staff regularly and rectify any problems or mistakes they may have made
- To ensure production is kept clean and all areas remain in a working condition
- To Team Lead Operatives on a daily basis
- Oversee the correct completion of paperwork on completed work & liaise with warehouse and operation support teams
- Set and oversee mechanised production
- Assist with hand work/eCommerce fulfilment returns when needed
- Set up and run mailing machines when needed
- Provide training when required, working closely with Operations management team and Standard Operations Procedure Manual
- Fix machinery if capable liaise with Operations management team for outsourced machine repairs
- Maintain stock levels of machine spare and consumables and report to Operation management team
- Someone who has experience in people management skills
- You have the ability to lead, train and motivate the team on a daily basis
- You have experience in achieving company targets as per company needs
- It is desirable that you have previously experienced working in a busy, fast paced corporate environment
- You are someone with good administration skills, communication skills, both verbally and written and are able to work in a busy team
- Honest and reliable, with a strong work ethic to complete workloads and meet deadlines
- Be someone who is able to create, maintain and promote good working relationships
Their mission is to excel in every interaction with their customers. Their values are trust, friendliness, ease of use and their commitment to sustainability.