This company is one of the market leaders in linen rental services to hotels and business throughout Scotland and the North of England. Established more than 100 years ago, their successful company employs over 800 staff. The company currently operates from five plants in Scotland and one in the North East of England.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a production supervisor to join the team at their production Plant in Perth.
As a Production Supervisor, you'll be responsible for overseeing daily operations and managing the production teams. You will play a key role in maximising the performance of the teams through effective planning, utilisation of manpower and machine capability.
The role will suit a candidate who is a self-starter and able to coordinate and motivate others. You will be confident in the use of Microsoft packages and have excellent communication skills.
Applicants essentially will be responsible for all operations and responsibilities within the Plant. Interested applicants should have experience of working within a production facility and ideally have supervised production staff in the past.
Particular emphasis will be placed on:
- Organisation and training of staff.
- Achievement of production targets and costs.
- Scheduling of work throughout to meet specific customer requirements.
- Ensure customer needs are satisfied in relation to quality and service.
- Ensure legal compliance and company requirements are met in relation to employment and safety.
- Continuous improvement through development of the operation.
- Supervision and control of all departments.
Hours of Work 39 hours per week Monday to Sunday. Rate of pay £9.21 per hour