This employer is seeking a Product Owner and Business Analyst. Reporting to the Head of Software Development, you will have advanced knowledge of current and emerging analytical techniques and technologies with experience of change management and product delivery in a modern commercial digital environment. The role requires hybrid skills of requirements gathering and product delivery. You would be steering your product for internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the team, build effective relationships across the business, supporting initiatives to maintain a consistent approach to product delivery, helping to define delivery standards.
- Be a product owner steering development and functionality whilst gathering information. Maintain the plan, build and run methodology ensuring adherence to the latest trends.
- Communicate clearly being very digital and customer orientated, delivering a world class service to users.
- Gather and produce Business Requirements and Specifications. Conduct interviews. Facilitate, and participate in workshops. Produce and issue all documents associated with these activities. Submit Business Requirements Specification for consideration as part of the project. Present Business Requirements to the business owner.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the business, functionality within existing systems and the impact of proposed changes. Develop and document the as-is and to-be business processes. Draft proposals for consideration as part of the project process containing forecasts, methods and options for senior management. Present proposals and recommendations to the business stakeholder.
- Produce a gap analysis to understand the functionality within new systems versus that required by users or within existing systems. Document and prioritise gaps. Compare Solution Design Documents against requirements and oversee the development of said requirements.
- Manage User Acceptance Test activity. Prepare UAT plans with the business/users and support the completion of these tests.
- Support User Training activity. Assist with the preparation of training materials. Provide support for the rollout of new systems and their functionality.
- Lead and control projects/resources to effectively achieve agreed deliverables using the full suite of tools, methods and control processes supporting the project.
You will have excellent communication skills, an analytical, structured and strategic approach. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office packages and VISIO is essential as is experience in digital solutions, mobile apps, cloud computing, web, CMS and API technology. Successful completion of core BA Diploma modules such as Business Analysis Practice and Requirements Engineering would be advantageous.
Completion and application of Prince 2 Project Management is desirable, as is Agile working experience (SCRUM) and AWS, Azure experience and windows application projects.