A small to medium sized plant, forms a part of a large global organization, is recruiting for an experienced Process Operator to join their Stowmarket team.
The successful candidate will be required to:-
- Operate/control processing equipment per operating guidelines.
- Operate processing and mobile equipment.
- Monitor equipment and enter data via computer.
- Identify and report machinery maintenance needs.
- Operate material handling equipment including but not limited to; forklift, crane and hoist. Will be and certified by the company to safely operate these pieces of equipment.
- Undertake training necessary for process operators, including courses both on and off site. Participate in the training of others, once you have sufficient experience in the operation and procedures.
- Carry out safety activates such as Workplace Inspections, Behavioral Audits and similar. Report issues and participate in investigations and Risk Assessments.
- Perform general housekeeping tasks in and around work area to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Educated to GCSE standard or NVQ level 1
- Six (6) months industrial experience
- Ability to read and write in English and understand work related instructions, directions, safety & environmental policies and procedures, safety standards, written SOP’s and product specifications.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment such as forklift, crane and hoist.
- Ability and willingness to comply with all safety policies and procedures.
- Must be flexible and capable of learning several different jobs in the department. (Will be expected to perform any number of assignments involving a variety of equipment in the course of a day.)
Work is performed in a production plant environment that includes variation in temperature and humidity, working with machinery, overhead cranes and vehicles, and chemicals.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk hear and see.
Personal protective equipment is required on a regular basis, including hardhat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear and dust mask, and other protective equipment as required.
The Process Operator will normally work Monday to Friday rotating shift pattern, with the following hours:
6:00-14:15 & 14:00-22:15