This is an opportunity to join a leading company within the environmental sector, delivering pioneering, sustainable solutions to their clients waste management needs. This company has developed the most innovative on-site clinical waste treatment service that the NHS has seen in over two decades. As part of their growth in this exciting area they are recruiting Plant Operatives to work in their London premises.
In this position you will be reporting to the Plant Manager and ultimately to the General Manager. As an integral part of the on-site operative team your main responsibilities will be the reception and treatment of clinical waste in accordance with the Company's operational procedures and it's Legislative requirements, plus assisting in the day-to-day operation of the plant.
Main Responsibilities will be
- To manage the effective maneuvering of waste ( mainly in 770 litre containers ) on the plant site
- To weigh and then load the containers into a Tip & Lift device
- To operate and maintain all equipment as trained by the company and it's Partners
- To ensure that the waste containers are emptied, cleaned thoroughly and readily available in the designated ‘empty’ storage area ready for collection
- To co-ordinate the paperwork and reception of all deliveries to the plant, including that of suppliers and contractors
- To maintain company operational records and data, specific to the job function
- To draw to the attention of Management any major defects, concerns or problems to the equipment, building or general surroundings
- To observe and comply with all safety notice and signs and to ensure that all work is carried out in a safe and proper manner at all times
- To attend training courses or instruction specific to the job as required
- Additional duties as necessary to ensure safe compliance and continuation of operations
- To comply with company health & safety procedures at all times
They are looking for a self motivated, reliable and enthusiastic individual who is able to work effectively under pressure. They will be looking for a challenging role with important responsibilities. Ideally, the candidate will have a proven industrial experience background and operative/maintenance skills, although this is not essential for the right individual.
A good understanding of the English language is essential for this post as is a basic education with good numeracy. The position will be based in London but may require some travel to other UK sites and offices. Disclosure and Barring checks ( DBS ) will be carried out if applicant does not already have up to date and accurate certification.
They will offer the right candidate a competitive salary with the opportunity to earn performance related bonuses and team incentives. There is also the potential for the candidate to move into a more Senior role. They will provide all necessary training.