This company manufactures thermal and electrical insulation products to enable net-zero carbon solutions. They use their proprietary technology to help their customers reduce their environmental impact and tackle climate change while increasing the safety of cutting-edge battery technology.
They are experiencing a great interest and demand for their innovative design and manufacturing skills especially in the battery electric vehicles market and are now looking for a Process Engineer to join their growing team at their London based plant.
This is an important appointment which will help us accelerate the process of scaling up their ability to produce industry-leading automotive parts for electric vehicles. The role will be diverse and include time working in all areas of the business. The key for them is that you are proactive, willing to push yourself and the business, possess strong analytical skills and are willing to undertake training.
As a Process Engineer you will be working on array of projects such as developing new products for the automotive industry, designing world-leading industrial manufacturing processes and continuously improving existing production processes. You will learn how get an engineering product and process development from the whiteboard concept to a single prototype and on to producing a million pieces a year.
Working in a diverse team you will see all aspects of the manufacturing process and own projects to deliver world-class safety, quality and output. They are a small growing business and so you will have the chance to join a team which is learning and improving every day.
This role will suit either a graduate or a recent graduate with a few years’ experience.
- Design and develop the manufacturing process of new products
- Create control plans to ensure process quality
- Initiate improvement changes and manage improvement projects
- Conduct technical problem solving exercises with the team
- Design and complete innovative production trials and experiments
Required skills, qualifications and experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree qualification in Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering or another relevant field
- Strong numeracy skills
- Ability to research, understand and analyse technical information
- Good communication and team-working skills
- Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Team player but also happy to work independently
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Hands-on and eager to learn
- Competitive starting salary with opportunity for advancement
- Personal On-the-job training covering (but not limited to):
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- 39 hour per week, normal day shift
Example of training offered:
- Six Sigma methodology and statistical process methods
- Project Management training
- 5S (Lean Manufacturing Methodology) skills training
- Using lab equipment to run experiments and trial measurements
- Health and safety training