Paint Shop Prepper/Painter. Full-Time, Permanent role.
Hours: Monday – Thursday 7.30am – 4pm, Friday 7.30am – 1.30pm. 38-hour working week. Opportunities for overtime.
Location: Nechells, Birmingham
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Benefits: 20 Days’ Holiday per annum + Bank Holidays, Pension scheme
They are looking to appoint an experienced Prepper in a growing department, for a full-time role within their expanding business in the rail industry. Working off your own initiative, the successful candidate will require/demonstrate the following attributes:
- Prepping parts to be painted.
- Sanding down panels using different grades of paper
- Masking parts up ready for paint, prime and filling.
- Light repair work and polishing
- Experience in disc abrading or orbital sanding
- Experience preparing parts for high quality paint finish
- Understand methods of minimising contamination during preparation of surfaces to be painted
- Work within a small team and be conscientiously job-proud
They are looking for a highly motivated person as you will be expected to work on your own initiative although you will still need to operate well within a team environment. They are seeking someone who is capable of working to deadlines and within time frames and who can work well under pressure. You will need to have very good attention to detail and a good level of concentration.
- Maintain a clean and safe working area to meet the requirements of Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Policies.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are adhered to, to ensure compliance with the accredited Integrated Management System.
- Wear PPE as required in accordance with Risk Assessments and all written instructions.
- Practice and maintain 5S disciplines in accordance with quality standards.
- Ensure hazardous waste is disposed of in accordance with the company environmental policy.
- Undertake any other reasonable management request in line with the business needs.
- Content with working extended hours or shift patterns.
- Flexible to working hours as schedules dictate.
- Reliable with a strong work ethic.
- Eye for detail and pride in manufacturing aesthetically pleasing products.
- Able to work with minimal supervision / self-starter.
- Providing additional support to the production team.
- Must embrace change and be willing to adopt new skills to support all areas of the business.
- To be flexible in a team-oriented environment.
- Prior knowledge of the Axalta system (Dupont)
- City & Guilds Certificate or Diploma in Paint.
- NVQ Level 2 or above in Manufacturing Operations would be advantageous.