This GP Surgery is looking to recruit a Physician Associate MSc enthusiastic about primary care. They successfully employ 4 PA's with very high levels of practitioner satisfaction. The Surgery works hard to balance PA clinical autonomy and supervision within a range of clinical duties, allowing PA's to safely run their own caseloads.
The Surgery's key offer for PA's is:
- 1 month induction programme with experienced GP (some PA’s require less); 4 embedded PA’s in practice who are an excellent resource for training and support. Supervising GP presented at London PA Conference in October 2019.
- Weekly tutorial for all PA’s and supervising GP to present cases and clinical topics. Other clinical meetings.
- Close support and supervision from mentor GP
- 15 minutes appointments
- Practice written Physician Associate Handbook (70 pages)
- Varied portfolio (face to face, telephone, virtual clinical correspondence clinic, home visits, medicals, reports, lab results, video consultations)
- GP bag and all kit provided
- Starting salary at or above upper tier for PA’s depending on experience.
This is full time, 38 hour week role. The required rota is:
- Monday 9am-6pm
- Tuesday 9am-6pm
- Wednesday 12pm – 8pm (note – this includes an extended hours evening surgery)
- Thursday 9am – 5pm
- Friday 9am – 6pm
Included each day is one hour unpaid lunch.
The post will be remunerated between £40,606 and £49,202 (based on 38 hours per week). Lower tier would be anticipated for newly qualified PA; upper tier for a PA who had gained considerable primary care experience in the UK (ideally London). Car parking space is not available at the Surgery so candidates will be asked to confirm that they will be able to travel to the Surgery on public transport or bicycle (secure covered bicycle storage is available).
As the Surgery is involved in training students (medical and PA), audit and clinical governance projects, they require a Physician Associate applicant to have (or be currently working towards) a PA MSc.
They ask a PA joining the Surgery to:
- Commit to the Surgery for at least one year - this is an in principle commitment, they do not require a contract for this
- Learn quickly
- Be a friendly, flexible, reliable, hard-working and committed member of the clinical team
- Be prepared for variety of sessions, f2f clinical appointments (both book aheads and on the day), virtual clinical correspondence clinics, telephone and video consultation work, home visits, medical and reports. Distribution of work will depend on need throughout year.
They would love to hear from you! Please click on apply now for consideration.