As the leader of People and Talent Development, you will have a real passion for creating amazing cultures and ensuring people development remains part of their ethos and DNA - this employer likes to grow the leaders of tomorrow. As a member of the Senior Management Team, you will be reporting directly to the Managing Director and playing an integral role in all aspects of “Our People”.
They are looking for someone who can communicate effectively and build relationships at all levels of seniority to ensure that their line managers and their teams develop and achieve their full potential and beyond. They are seeking someone with the ability to strategically think and generate new and innovative ideas to facilitate them reaching new heights in people management.
They are a brand built around people, and their people are at the heart of their success and everything that they do. They are a growing, vibrant, diverse Investors in People Gold accredited business based in Hemel Hempstead, UK. They are seeking an experienced People & Talent Development Manager to support the continued growth of their four business divisions that range from B2B Steel Wire Rope Assemblies through to B2C aspirational Home & Outdoor lifestyle products.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage & lead their commitment to Investors in People - currently Gold Award, seeking Platinum
- Coach and support line managers in all aspects of People Management in line with their purpose, mission, and values
- Oversee and manage all Training and Development, and their Talent Accelerator processes to ensure personal growth and staff retention are industry leading
- Act as the main point of contact for their HR function - coach and advise line managers
- Manage their approach to personal well-being - complete 1:1 wellbeing check in sessions and be an advocate for promoting well-being and good mental health at all levels
- Lead the Recruitment & Talent Acquisition process - including initial interviews, psychometrics and on-boarding
- Ensure that internal talent is identified and championed, encouraging all stakeholders to consider horizontal and vertical progression plans for key talent
- Take ownership of Apprentice programmes to ensure that they become an employee of choice for emerging local talent
- Take the lead in coordinating and facilitating their community work with local schools, hospices and charities
- Proactively develop, manage, and monitor their Reward and Recognition programme
- Monitor and seek to constantly improve staff engagement levels
- Liaise with external organisations and partners to ensure that their policies and methods remain progressive and transformational
- Contribute to strategic and operational plans by ensuring their People and Culture delivers against company objectives