This employer are looking for a Monitoring Station Officer based in their Glasgow office. Do you have call handling experience in a past environment this could be the job for you.
Who are they?
They’re a market leading ambitious, family owned award-winning security company, based in Glasgow and with offices in London.
What you’ll be doing
Under the direction of the Monitoring Station Shift Supervisor, your role will be to monitor the safety of premises and assets, giving fast and effective response to alarm activations or incidents. Implementing agreed client escalation procedures and carry out relevant duties within the Monitoring Station.
You’ll need to be very hands-on and definitely have a ‘can do’ attitude. You’ll be smart, and be a ‘people person’ as they take pride in our relationships with everyone they work with. You will have a passion for security and safety and hold a valid CCTV License.
They’re able to offer an excellent package depending on experience. You’ll be working in a rewarding and challenging environment, with a great team of professionals who are dedicated to making the company the best in the U.K. You’ll have excellent career and development opportunities as you grow with them, this really is a special role.
Monitoring Station Officer Key Responsibilities
- Monitoring CCTV and other alarm equipment as required.
- Carrying out daily/monthly checks and inspections in line with BS5979.
- To follow appropriate escalation protocols in relation to alarm activations.
- To effectively operate communication systems and computerised alarm monitoring systems.
- Acting as point of contact for the public, emergency services and clients.
- To demonstrate and maintain excellent customer service.
- To record any technical faults and take the appropriate steps to have them rectified within agreed timescales.
- Adhering to all monitoring station policies and procedures.
Skills required a Monitoring Station Officer:
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients, supervisors and peers.
- Ability to maintain positive approach under pressure.
- High levels of organisation and attention to detail.
- Sound IT skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- To always maintain a standard of personal conduct and deportment in keeping with the nature of the business.
As a fair and ethical employer, in accordance with guidelines taken from the 2010 Equality Act, this company is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all; irrespective of colour, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origins, gender, marital/civil partnership status, sexuality, disability or age.