This international membership organisation requires a Membership Development Officer (MDO) based in the West Midlands, to deliver membership support and promote the benefits of membership to non-members. The post-holder will work in conjunction with the Membership Manager and other MDOs to develop and deliver a coherent regional strategy for membership development, including co-ordinating the development and delivery of training and services to individuals and companies with the West Midlands region.
This is a Home Based role with regular travel across the West Midlands. There will be a need to work with volunteers outside “normal office hours”, when necessary.
Annual salary is £36,000 plus a car allowance of £4,000 per annum.
Looking to hold interviews on 6 August 2020.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Business development - developing and marketing activities to progress and support aspirant members for the different routes to membership
- Membership growth – undertaking activities to promote and grow membership
- Membership Support – providing advice and guidance to members and non-members
- Employer Support – providing advice and guidance to employers on professional development
- Further Education establishments– developing links and projects to raise awareness of membership and professional development
- Working with the Membership Manager, existing MDOs, Membership Support Centre and Membership areas to ensure a consistency of approach
- Ensuring membership records are up to date
What they are looking for:
- Educated to degree level or have equivalent experience of civil engineering and/or training and development. A Chartered Civil Engineer (or a broad knowledge of Civil Engineering) would be desirable, though not essential
- Business development experience would be advantageous
- Previous exposure to liaising with a wide audience, along with the ability to engage with members of the engineering and education professions and ideally experienced at working with volunteer committees
- Attention to detail, ability to turn technical material into non-technical outputs are essential
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team, while managing and planning a number of simultaneous tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to prepare and deliver presentations. You will also be capable of public facing interactions on a personal and group basis
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications. Experience working with databases is also useful
Group benefits include:
- 25 days annual leave
- Up to eight per cent of salary contributed to a personal pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Gymflex scheme
Applicants should submit a cover letter within the same document as their CV, answering the following two questions:
1. Why and how does your experience equip you to carry out this role? (Max one side A4)
2. How you would approach the requirements of this role? (Max one side A4)