This is a fantastic opportunity for a strategic and innovative Logistics expert to join one of the UK’s leading insulation and construction product manufacturers. There is a clear development strategy and future prospects for growth are bright for the business. This is a new role in the organisation as we gear up to deal with future expansion.
- A well-known brand name in its markets, established over 40 years ago, and with a reputation for quality and innovation.
- A network of manufacturing sites across the UK to service its customer base.
- A track record of ongoing investment to pioneer research and development in insulation products, along with success as a funding winner in Government sponsored competitions for innovative refurbishment products.
- Following recent strategic changes, the company is better poised than ever to be in control of its own destiny and deliver on its growth plans.
- A new and additional role, principally directed at this stage to taking a strategic view on our sizeable and currently outsourced multi site transportation contract.
- The role involves working closely with our supplier to ensure smooth running of the contract, monitoring performance, and suggesting improvements.
- Overall planning and supervision of the shipments from production stage through to end user, but using your innovative skills to introduce further efficiencies, not just in cost saving, but in capacity optimisation, and customer satisfaction.
- Warehousing responsibility and input on efficiency insofar as it impacts on transportation.
- Above all a proven strategic and creative thinker, with a track record of innovation in your previous Logistics career.
- Any previous experience of managing similar outsourced contracts is a plus.
- Not just adept at handling the needs of today - the ability to think "outside the box" and share your own ideas to Board level about how this area of the business can develop and improve.
- Great communications skills, plus the ability to work independently and on own initiative, as well as part of a team.