This expanding, family owned manufacturing company in Needham Market, with good transport links and bus service to Ipswich is looking for a Line Leader on a permanent, full time basis
To achieve the best output cost effectively and efficiently, and to deliver quality products to the customers specification on time, every time.
- Responsible for providing team leadership to team members
- Delegate, oversee and support the packing operatives and temporary workers to work the company's quality standards, Health & Safety guidelines and to the customers specification
- Train packing operatives and temporary workers on how to achieve and meet all departmental targets and required standards for each job, to include HACCP guidelines and processes
- Develop clear communication lines with the packing operatives and temporary workers, to encourage a real collaborative working environment
- Responsible for film and all ancillary product changeovers I.e. tape and ensure labels are available prior to the job run
- Ensure that raw materials are available when required
- Complete specifications to include CPLs, efficiency/QMFs
- Responsible for quality standards on the line by checking visually, volumes and weights, ensuring the products adhere to the customer specification, company quality standards and the current Weights & Measures act
- Encourage team members to achieve the department targets and goals and the company's overall quality standards.
You will ideally possess previous experience in a manufacturing environment at team leader level, with in depth knowledge of how to deliver quality standards.
You will possess excellent communication skills and the ability to train, develop and motivate other members of the team to achieve the departmental targets in delivering quality products on time every time.