This company, one of the UK’s leading historic building conservation specialists, is currently working with two of Europe’s most prominent and innovative engineering and construction companies – Laing O’Rourke and Murphy – who have come together to form LM, a powerful joint venture, supporting the growing number of major transport infrastructure projects across the UK.
This company has been commissioned to design and deliver specialist conservation and user amenity upgrade works to a grade one listed building of national historic importance as part of the enabling works for High Speed Two.
The company and LMJV teams are working together to provide a professional and dynamic service. On the back of a wealth of experience in planning, design and community engagement, they are utilising the latest construction methodology to deliver works, efficiently and safely, but all in the context of this highly significant heritage site.
Main purpose of role:
- To lead the on-site project team in the efficient and effective delivery of the OCSS work packages from launch through to on site delivery whilst at the same time safeguarding the historic integrity of this highly important building.
- To liaise closely with key functions and parties including HS&W, procurement, commercial and engineering to enable delivery in line with the client’s requirements and HS2 KPIs.
- To liaise with and report directly to the Contracts Director and Managing Director.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Responsibility for successful delivery of the work package from launch through to delivery
- Deliver package works in compliance with client expectations, company standards, LM objectives and KPI systems
- Responsibility for fostering an understanding and appreciation for the sensitive nature of the historic building throughout the management team, site staff and sub-contractors, and for decision making within a heritage context.
- Co-ordination of constructability input during solutions identification and development phase.
- Co-ordination of construction staff on work packages
- Close liaison with Project Director with regards to work package progress and any potential obstacles
- Responsibility for work package construction resources including Labour, Plant and Materials.
- Overall performance management of subcontractors.
- Ensures that the construction and installation teams are accountable for their performance against agreed schedules and man-hour budgets.
- Ensures that all construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation.